What do I do with my stencil making scraps?

So, this morning I made a couple of very simple stencils on my Silhouette Cameo. One was a set of 1" circles and the other was a set of .75" circles. I was using them to test and idea about stacking modeling paste. Anyway…after I got the stencils cut out I ended up with a bunch of perfectly cut 1" circles and .75" circles of clear plastic. And for the life of me, I couldn’t throw them away, because…you know…crafting!

So I got out some of my alcohol markers and colored a couple of the not-circle scraps to see what it would look like. It’s doesn’t look bad, it’s not an even color, but I kind of like it and I was wondering how I could use this on cards. The hard part will be attaching them because you can still see through them even though they’re colored. I guess I could use a clear drying glue and see if that works. Now I just need some ideas on how to use them or maybe some completely different ides on how to use them. I’ve attached a picture so you can see what I’m talking about. I figure if I make other stencils I could end up with more scrap I could use, like hearts, stars, etc.

The other picture is my modeling paste test. After the bigger circles dried I “stacked” the smaller circles on top and that seemed to work. I do need to make sure that I smooth the surface so I don’t get those “creases”. Then I painted it with some Windsor Blue Acrylic, added a little shimmer blue acrylic, and then finished it off with a little blue Lustre Wax. I like the way the color turned out, but I definitely need to work on my smoothing of the modeling paste!

2 Likes

its nice :heart_eyes:

Could you punch out a small hole (or a few), and use brads to attach these to greeting cards or scrapbooking pages? They look very cool!

1 Like

My first thought was to make tiny holes and string them in varying lengths to hang as sun catchers. Could hang from a stick, dowel, or whatever looks good hanging in a window. Would be pretty as part of a mobile or wind chimes too.

1 Like

Yes! Sun Catchers would be amazing! @Mark_One if you go with this idea I would love to see how it turns out!