What camera do you have?

What camera do you have? What do you use to take your photos? Is it a DSLR, Mirroless camera or you are you are using a smartphone?

I started with Nikon D3300 and last year I upgraded my camera to this:

MY GEAR

Camera: Sony A6400 - Mirrorless

Lens: Sony 16-55 F2.8G and 90mm F2.8G Macro

Tripod: Manfrotto MK190XPRO3-Q2

Lights: Godox SL-150W

Softbox: Godox SB-FW95

Extension Tube: MEIKE MK-S-AF3A for Sony E - 16mm

Software: Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom

Tablet: Wacom Intuos 5 M

:camera::grinning:

11 Likes

I have always wanted to take up photography and to purchase a nice camera! I currently use my iPhone which they have come a long way but a real camera would be fab! :heart:

2 Likes

I use to have a cannon DSLR but i had to sell it because i couldn’t hold it because of loosing function in my right arm. I miss it. My younger daughter is into photography, she just got a Nikon. i’m not sure which model. she got some good shots of the super moon. she doesn’t have much time right now between working FT and school FT.

2 Likes

I use a Nikon also, always been a fan of their cameras! Moon photos are always really cool to see, you should post some of her shots!

2 Likes

In time I realized that taking better photos is not about camera and brand, it helps all the extra functions, for example my new sony camera has an amazing focus feature with a lot of points and focus on eye, so I don’t get anymore photos out of focus. A photo to be good first have to be in focus and not shaken,here help the camera you have, the better it is the easier is to take photos. Now there a lot of mobiles that take great photos but still can not be compared with a professional camera.

There are some things that help you take better photos no matter what camera you have:

• the light: good light help you get great photos, and you have to learn to use it in your advantage. Sunrise and sunset light is great and will help most of the photos, then the light can be hard or soft and you can use it to give it a mood.
  • composition: helps you to make things look interesting and not boring, to look pleasent to the eye and to create a story
  • editing: most of the people see those amazing photos of Internet and believe is because they have an expensive camera, but tat can be achieved with an entry level dslr or mirroless camera. The secret is to shoot in RAW format not jpg then use an editing software like Lightroom or/and Photoshop to edit the light, shadow, noise, colors to improve it. You can recover a lot of information from RAW which you can not from Jpg, abd then at the end you export edited photo as Jpg.
    Example of raw image editing, before and after

So learn to use your camera :slight_smile: learn some things about composition, try to tell a story, learn to edit it and you are on right road to taking great photos

7 Likes

@pixaroma This is absolutely amazing, thank you for sharing! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Agree 100% that the use of Lightroom (or other editing software) is one of the keys to creating great photos.

I use a Canon T5i that is 90+% just for taking pictures of my kids sports.

I have the 18-55 mm, the 55-250 mm and the 50 mm lens, which is more than enough to suit my needs.

1 Like

Great thread. I have a Nikon D200 with a couple of lenses that I hardly use anymore. Love photography. I need to get out and take more photos! And I need to invest in a decent editing program and learn to use it.

2 Likes

Hi Susan! Welcome to the community, excited to have you here! :grinning:

1 Like

Hi everybody,
I have a canon camera(type: 80D) and I try to shoot every day but in fact, I’m a colorist
I spend many hours a day changing the color and brightness of photos and videos.
You can use my project presets to improve the quality of your photos without any software knowledge.
You can see our projects through the link below:

2 Likes

I have a Canon 5D IV which is a DSLR. I love photography, especially capturing those moments between the big moments. It helps to stop time for just a moment. So powerful!

2 Likes

I have a Canon Rebel T3i. I love it! I need some new lenses though-only have 2!

2 Likes

I have a Canon T6 I think? And edit using Affinity Photo :grin:

1 Like

I use:

Camera: Canon EOS 60D (currently looking to upgrade but not entirely sure what to get yet)

Lens: My top 3 are Canon 27-70mm/2.8, EF 100mm/2.8 macro and 50mm/1.4

Software: Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom

Tablet: iPad

Have been doing photography for about 12 years since I got my first DSLR. Most likely to be shooting children, families, macro, candid people photography, landscape for fun. I love travelling with my camera and have done weddings, events and a lot of fitness photography on the paid side of things.

1 Like

I have a Sony aR 7iii mirrorless camera. What I love about it is that it has superb exposure control and with over 460 auto focus points in the frame I don’t loose sharpness in even the lowest lite next to sheer darkness! There is truly never a Need to edit an image as it shoots perfect every time! I can follow one specific subject and even if that subject is moving at high pace, I can take several shots per second and catch every step of the way in perfect eye sharp clarity ! The camera also shoots 4K video which I am very excited about and I am teaching myself videography now! Love it! Cheers to Sony ! A true winner!

1 Like

My dream camera, didn’t have money for it that why I choosed sony a6400, really happy with it, love the focus.

1 Like

Great insight, thanks for sharing

1 Like

I use a Canon Rebel T6. I really like it and it works well for my purposes.

1 Like

D600. Several years old, but it’s my baby. I have many lenses, filters, and toys for it. I honestly tend to use my phone since it’s small and easy to travel with. Bringing my camera along is difficult due to size and weight. I legit need to bring it if I only intend to take amazing photographs.

1 Like

I have a Canon Rebel (DSLR), though truthfully I rarely pull it out since my cell phone has a camera that’s almost as good and works for the majority of my needs for product photography. But it is nice having the DSLR if I need to do something more advanced or where I want a lot more control without relying as much on editing in post.

But i have a lot of photographer friends and they all say that the camera is only as good as the photographer, and a good photographer can still take a great photo on even the most basic camera. So learning photography basics is more useful than buying the most fancy camera.

2 Likes