What Apps you use on Android for Drawing?

What Apps do you use on Android for Drawing/Sketching?

I use Infinite painter, I like it because it have 2 extra function that let me do mandalas and sketches for seamless patterns :slight_smile:

I use Samsung Tab S6, it comes with a pen, I really like it to use it for sketches then I use the sketches in Adobe Illustrator to make them vector

Examples of sketches/drawings done using Infinite Painter

3 Likes

Great question @pixaroma! I haven’t actually tried any drawing apps on my Android but I’d be interested to see people’s recommendations

3 Likes

Following

@pixaroma I’ve never used Infinite Painter, can you recommend a tutorial how to create a mandala?

1 Like

I primarily draw in Sketch, which lets me do mandalas, as well as drawing on my photos which I absolutely love to do. I’m weird… :smiley:

I also use Skedio, which lets me draw vectors directly on my tablet. It’s kinda clunky, but it’s usable. I’ve used it to draw out words for my Cricut Explore Air 2 to “write” onto my projects so it wouldn’t do the weird bubbling thing. I don’t like the bubbled text.

Sketch lets me do things like these:

I’d share some Skedio stuff, but I don’t have anything right now.

I’m not sure I’ve tried Infinite Painter. I’m currently having problems with my tablet, but once I get those sorted I’ll try it out! :smiley:

3 Likes

@Laynie I will look into those! And of course you’re weird - you’re an artist. (I am too!) We’re all a little weird thats what makes us unique! :heart:

1 Like

To create a mandala in infinite painter you can do this:
I took some screenshots on my phone

Create a new square document

Click on that icon

Choose kaleido

Click on setting

You can set the number of axes to have, many mandalas have 6, 8,10 or more axes, snowflakes have 6 axes, if you do flowers you count the petals, if flowers have around 6 petals you choose 6 axes. And the lock is there to lock that mandala guide in place, you can unlock it anytime and move it in another position.

Take the brush and a color and start drawing, you can zoom of course to see the details.

Draw a line to see what happens.

Now you can use any drawing mandala you see on YouTube to draw your mandala, you can start from center and build on that, think like how flowers are, dona tiny circle then add petals, then more petals on top of that and in time you can do it more an more complex

2 Likes

@pixaroma you are amazing!! Thank you!

2 Likes

And of course you’re weird - you’re an artist. (I am too!) We’re all a little weird thats what makes us unique!

@AugustFire This is very true!

1 Like

Those are beautiful @Laynie! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Awww, thanks @Stephanie_J! They’re very meditative to create. I have pretty intense chronic pain from fibromyalgia and possible EDS, so I make things as a part of my pain management process. :smiley:

2 Likes

@pixaroma Ok, I just installed Infinite Painter and holy cow I love it! Thank you so much for sharing this, somehow I’d managed to overlook this one. I’m so excited… I can see me buying the full app very soon! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

@Laynie I’m sorry to hear that! It’s good that you are able to do this as therapy :slight_smile:

@Stephanie_J Thanks so much. I really believe we all have our own issues to deal with in life. I’m super lucky in that I have an amazing support system, a great team of doctors, and I’ve been lucky enough to figure out things that help, And yes- I am so freaking lucky to be able to make things, share things, and share information & techniques. It helps in ways I can’t even explain!!

1 Like

1st one I made that looks like a mandala! Thanks @pixaroma

2 Likes

Looks good :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I just love these. So detailed :heart_eyes: