Unzipping apps for Android devices?

Does anyone have a great app they use on their Android device that works well unzipping files?

2 Likes

That would be great to know!

2 Likes

I would love to know this as well. I have the latest Note 10 + and it can actually unzip files, without the help of an unzipping app.

Though, I know there are sooooo many Android devices that do not have the ability – an app would be great :smiley:

2 Likes

@Kalie I have an Android. I’m able to unzip files on my phone. However I noticed that I can only do it a particular way. For me, once I download, I clear the pop-up box saying it downloaded (don’t click open!). Then in your phone, go to “my files”. From there I go to “downloads” or “internal storage”, then “downloads”. I find the file and tap to open it. It asks me if I want to extract the files and I say yes. And thats it! Sometimes you have to go back a screen or two to find the new folder of extracted files.

I don’t know if this helps or not. If you want/need screen shots, let me know.

Hope it helps,
Melissa

2 Likes

Awesome, what type of Android do you have? Would you happen to have screenshots?

I’m also using an Android phone (Samsung galaxy s6) and the steps are almost similar. After download, I also go to my files -> downloads. When I tap on the ZIP file a new window opens, which gives me a list of the contents of the ZIP file with ticks next to them, so I can choose what to extract and what not. Here’s the screenshot:

After tapping UNZIP, to access the folder I have to go back to My files -> Internal storage -> Download.

One thing on a side note that I recently discovered (I don’t generally use my phone when it comes to designing) - Android phones will display transparent parts of PNG files as black.So black designs over transparent background look just like one big black square. They will work just fine in cricut app for example, but you simply can’t see what’s on them. :neutral_face:

1 Like

Thank you so much for sharing, this is a great help!

1 Like

:scream::scream::scream: this is sooooo good to know! Thank you for sharing!!! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

@Kalie @Amy_S Glad I was able to help :blush: :blush:

1 Like