Is it worth getting into Procreate?

I often see brushes etc for sale for Procreate rather than the Adobe equivalent. Is it worth switching to the ipad? Why do you think of working on it. (I only have an Ipad mini - would I need a Pro machine?)

Jan

1 Like

Hi Jan,
Procreate is currently supported by iPad mini (5th generation) and iPad mini 4, so if you own either one of these you don’t need a pro machine. Procreate is an awesome app, in my opinion. There are plenty of things you can design and the best part, there are lot of tutorials on YouTube and plenty of free brushes to get you started. You can also create your own brushes (YouTube tutorials available) One thing I must advise though, Procreate does not support vectors. You can only export PS, PNG, JPEG files. In short, I think it is well worth to give it a try :smiley:.

Thank you Stani :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love using Procreate with my iPad! As mentioned you don’t have the ability to save as SVG, so I often use Illustrator to convert my work into SVG format.

Affinity has been recommended to me to use for vector design on the iPad. It looks great, but I haven’t really had a chance to test it out yet.

I wouldn’t replace your computer with an iPad, but it is a great tool to have in addition to a computer :smiley:

2 Likes

In my opinion, Procreate is one of the best iPad drawing apps - the canvas tools, layers and general functionality is very intuitive and easy to use!

2 Likes

I love ProCreate and there are so many great tutorials out there. My 8 year old is addicted to using the app so much so she will know more than I do before long! :smile:

1 Like

I’m a newbie when it comes to procreate but I am thoroughly enjoying it! There any many step by step tutorials online and on YouTube and many designers even offer free brushes and palettes to go with it. It’s an absolute joy to work with and the possibilities are endless! I do not have an iPad pro nor do I have an apple pencil unfortunately, but I’ve still managed to create some good content thus far.

1 Like

Uhh YES, I love procreate, love love love it,and since the last update and all the custom brush options, and the animator I LOVE this app.:smile:

1 Like

I too love Procreate! I would love it even more if it were vector based as well as raster based, but I work around that in a few ways. I’ve learned that it is best to create my designs on as large a canvas as possible and with at least 300 dpi. There are times that I still run my designs through the free program Inkscape just to make sure the lines are very smooth. It is such a lovely app that even taking extra steps it is so worth it.

3 Likes