I have downloaded some files and they won't upload to circuit design

I need help uploading my files to circuit design. They say that they are not supported every time I try to unload them

2 Likes

Welcome to the community Julia! :wave:t3:

Happy to help! What device are you downloading to and which file type are you trying to open? :slight_smile:

1 Like

What format are the files, and do you get any message other than “not supported”?

I have downloaded these to a file, Family Monogram Bundle, Family Quotes, and All The Rolled Flowers and I can’t bring then up on circuit design. It keeps saying it’s not supported.

First, make sure you have unzipped the downloaded files, that can cause that error but also - Cricut had a glitch on mobiles but it’s suppose to be corrected now.

Here is a guide on downloading and uploading to Cricut Design Space. If you have any questions along the way let me know. :slight_smile:

1. Download the file to your computer. (Most likely it will get put in a folder called “Downloads.”)

2. If you’ve received a “zip” file (the icon is of a folder with a zipper on it), the contents are compressed, and need to be uncompressed. Right-click on that file and select “Extract All.” The computer will ask where you want to put the extracted contents, but again, it usually defaults to your “Downloads” folder.

3. Now that the files are ready to be used, start up Cricut Design Space. Once the program is open, click on “Upload” at the bottom of the left-side menu. (Its icon is a cloud with an arrow pointing upward inside it.)

4. Click on the “Upload Image” button, then the “Browse” button. Find the unzipped file full of graphics, and select the file that ends in “.svg”. Design Space will load the image in, and allow you to rename it and add your own tags to it, so you can easily find it later in your library of images. (You don’t need to rename it or add tags, but you can if you like.) Click “Save” in the lower right.

5. Your image will now be part of your library of available images. Just single-click on an image, then click on “Insert Image” in the lower right. It will put that image into the Design Space canvas, and you’re ready to go!