How to use the Warp Panel tool

This is a great tool feature for those who have Silhouette Studio Designer Edition or above if you want your design to follow the curve of your cup/mug/wine glass, etc perfectly without being distorted.

To find the tool in your menu you’ll need to click on the small arrow in the bottom right-hand corner of your screen.

Once you do that, this menu will appear for you. Select the highlighted tool I’m showing below. This is the warp panel which allows you to create a perfect wrap.

Click on that, and the tool menu will pop up. You’ll need to add your image or text. I’m using the font Leggings and Lattes here, and have that selected to activate the features. Next, click on the last icon so you can enter your cup dimensions.

Measure the areas of your cup and enter them in the fields. You can also center your text by sliding the arrows left or right for the bottom two units. You can also resize your image on the design page as you normally would.

When you have it exactly as you want it, hit apply.

That will make the changes so it will wrap perfectly on your surface.

This is what it will look like once you do that.

I would recommend grouping the design back together so you don’t accidentally move a piece by mistake.

Here is a side by side comparison showing you how the text/image changed to flex and look straight on a curved surface.

Now proceed to cut the project as you normally would! You’ve got this!

3 Likes

Thanks for this. I didn’t know about the warp tool. I made ‘It’s Wine O’Clock’ to put on wine glasses for friends and although it looks okay it would probably be better if I used the warp. I love learning about Silhouette software features!

Thank you!! I will be posting more tutorials here all the time. Please let me know if there are any other features you want to learn.

1 Like