How to cut projects larger than your cutting mat in Design Space

1. Log into Cricut Design Space. Click on new project.

1. Go to the upload icon.

1. Click on upload image.

1. Click on browse.

1. Select your design - it will appear in the left window. I am using a design from the bird heart paper cut SVG at designbundles.net. Click save.

1. Your design will now appear in the recently uploaded image section. Select it and click insert image.

1. Your design will appear in the design space. Resize to the correct size you need.

1. Make sure your design is in the top left. You can adjust that in the X and Y position on your top toolbar.

We now need the rectangles to separate your design so we can cut a large image. Go to the shape tool.

1. Select your shape and resize to a rectangle.

1. Cover 1/2 the design with the rectangle. Make sure it is positioned in the top left also.

1. Duplicate the rectangle. Place the rectangle over the other 1/2 of the design. you can line this rectangle as well using the X and Y position tool.

1. With both the rectangles selected right-click and send to the back.

1. In the layers tab select the design and one of the rectangles. Click on the slice tool at the bottom of the layers tab.

1. Separate the sliced parts. You will now have two halves of your design. you can delete all the excess sliced parts.

1. Click on Make it. The design will now be in 2 parts

1. The second 1/2 of the design will be able to cut next. And you can adhere the 2 halves together.

This technique can be repeated many times with 4 or more squares or rectangles to cut even bigger designs.

13 Likes

Great, detailed tutorial! Thanks for including screenshots. :sparkles:

2 Likes

Thank you! I have been psyching myself up to give this a try!

1 Like

Thanks! This is very easy to understand and follow.

1 Like

Thank you, I’ve been wondering how to do this!

1 Like

Thanks for the tutorial and visual…such a life saver.

1 Like

I’m new to Design Space. I was wonder how to make my project the size I need. Thank you, the tutorial is VERY easy to follow and understand.

1 Like

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I’ve been trying to figure this out for a while!

1 Like

Ah that makes sense! I have seen larger then mats projects and wondered how you cut them! Would this work for a layered image as well or would you have to do each layer seperately?

1 Like

This is awesome. Thanks so much. I’ve been trying to keep my designs small as I had no idea how to do this! I appreciate your time putting this together to show us.

1 Like

Thank you so much for this tutorial! I have wanted to try this for the longest time. Now I feel confident to attempt it.

1 Like

I can’t wait to try this method! I’ve always been afraid to cut big projects. Thank you for this tutorial

1 Like

Thank you for taking time to show this. I’ll try it soon to see how it works out for me. :+1:t5:

1 Like

Great detailed how-to and screenshots. Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you, Sandy. You can resize designs using the arrows in the bottom right corner here:

Hi Rachel, I think you would need to do them separately :slightly_smiling_face:

Great Tutorial

1 Like

Thank you
I needed this
You read my mind

1 Like

Thanks so much for the tip!!

1 Like

Thank you. This is so much clearer than the verbal instructions someone tried to give me. I feel like I could give it a go now, only have to find a suitable graphic! :slight_smile:

1 Like