Hiiiii, AMA about creating designs in SCAL

Hiiiii, this topic looked a little lonely, thought I’d jump in to help. Feel free to AMA (ask me anything) about designing, creating SVGs in SCAL.
I’ve been designing for 6 yrs now. While I do use AI now, out of comfortable habit I use SCAL a lot still.
(I HATE change!) lol
I personally think SCAL is underrated, it’s an affordable, powerful program, once you learn to use all of their great features. You’ll be hooked!
Hope everyone is having a great week, ask away! If I can help, I will <3

6 Likes

Awesome! I don’t know much about SCAL, nice to know I can go to you for questions! :heart:

1 Like

You know where to find me haha :joy:

1 Like

Yeah I don’t know what SCAL is! Never heard of it! So please fill free to share what it is? Thanks!!!

1 Like

Just another program to design in, if you have Cameo you can design and cut straight from SCAL
If you use Cricut, which is why I started designing there, you can create your designs and then save them in svg format and upload the svg to Cricut. I hated I couldn’t hard copy save anything I created in DS
Easy to access glyphs, font extras.

Some features they highlight.
Auto tracing features to automatically convert images for cutting
Drawing tools to draw and edit shapes
Weld letter and shapes together
Several effects including 3D Rotate, Drop Shadow, Knockout, Puzzle Generator, Symmetrical Mirror, Wave & more
Select styles, including Shadow & Blackout, to change the look of your letters and shapes with just a few clicks
Create rhinestone templates

2 Likes

Haha :100: know where to find you :smiley:

1 Like

Wow Thank You for taking time to explain this to me!!! I can see I still have a lot to learn!!! I can’t Waite to check this out!! Thanks Again!!’

2 Likes

Anytime :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I love SCAL! I do all my designing with it.