Graphic Design Goals!

I have found that I am much more successful when I have a goal in mind – and I’m even more successful when I write them down.

For the month of April - I challenge YOU to write down 1 Graphic Design Goal that you wish to accomplish by the end of April - we can update our progress and our accomplishments here in this thread.

I’ve always loved the SMART Goals:

Specific
Measurable
Achievable
Relevant
Time-based

10 Likes

My goal is to complete a painting of our home at sunset, using the Procreate app. :smiley: using this picture for reference:

10 Likes

I love your home! I cannot wait to see the painting! You can do it!

2 Likes

Beautiful! Just a design suggestion… when you do the painting, lose (edit out) the truck - trailer - and neighbor’s house?. That would make a painting I would hang above the fireplace :smiley:

4 Likes

Thank you so much!! I have the outline started and I did manage to leave all of those out :smile::smile:

Thank you!!

Oooo! I LOVE this idea!
So my Graphic Design goal for this month is going to be:
Create/design a unique, fun, pretty Mother’s Day Cuttable design—using appropriate colors, more than one font that I can add unique glyphs/swashes/shapes to, some graphic elements and maybe like an outline or something that pulls it all together. Something that is special.
Like something similar to what you would download from an SVG site on the Internet and pay $2.50 to $4.00 for.
Something that I am proud of and would be willing to pay for. :grin:

4 Likes

This sounds perfect!!! I am excited to see what you create!!!

I love this challenge idea Amy! I’m halfway through a deep dive course in learning Illustrator, so by the end of April I want to have a designed from scratch a dozen new mandala style SVGs to list in my shop. That’s 3 per week.

1 Like

Sounds terrific Pennee!! Can’t wait to see your creation!

I can’t wait to see them!!!

1 Like

Your house is so beautiful :heart_eyes: and that sunset!! Wow! Terrific idea! :raised_hands:t2::heart:

1 Like

Thank you so much!! We love it out here :heart:

1 Like

My goal is to be able to design in sketchbook pro and gimp designs to use for my sublimation prints.

3 Likes

I love this post, fantastic idea.

My goal is less digital. I want to create a recipe book, a fancy looking one. Then steal my mums recipe book and get all the good ones in mine to get it started.

5 Likes

My goal is to design a few Mother’s Day and Father’s Day designs and actually get them listed instead of waiting til very last minute and then not listing!

1 Like

I have been working on completing a set of coloring pages for listing. I have the central designs finished, but now I need to finish the backgrounds around the central images. Hoping to be finished by the end of this month, but may go into May. :grin:

1 Like

My goals are to finish up a few fonts I have half started, work on updating my website with all of my SVGs, and create more SVGs!

1 Like

I’m excited to see your new fonts! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

Great idea! I know its half way through April already ! But better late than never lol
I read this post and it got me thinking!! I dont have little goals to get me to my big goal… this monthly goal setting idea is fantastic. Ive been set on developing my own brand and open a business they are my main goals but i have no idea what i even want to do ive been brainstorming jotting down my ideas and thoughts but nothing comes out of it month after month! So my monthly goal for the rest of april is to have complete a business plan and make the final decision!!

2 Likes