Faux Leather Earrings

Do we have any faux leather earring makers here? If we do I would like to know how you place your leather on your mat. Do you put the design face down or face up?
Thanks
Tammy

2 Likes

@Tammy_S2 HI Tammy! I make earrings too. I usually put the pattern side to the mat, that way my mat lasts longer. Hope that helps :blush:

2 Likes

Thanks so much for sharing with me. I am new to this so I am learning right now.

1 Like

Oh great tip, and great question too - I haven’t tried making earrings yet. This is going to be helpful!

2 Likes

@Tammy_S2 feel free to reach out to me if need help.

2 Likes

Thanks so much. I may need more help…LOL

1 Like

Then you are in the right place! :grin:

Where do you buy your leather from? Also, do you create your own svg files or do you buy them? I told you I would have more questions…LOL

Well what I have done so far has made me fall in love with making them. They are very addicting…LOL

1 Like

How think of leather do you get away with, I have some 4-6 oz on hand, and how do you harden it enough or do you just let the dye take care of that?

Wish I could help you but I have no idea. Maybe someone else will know and reply to you.

A trick I use is to put a thin piece of paper between the mat and the leather then tape it all down with painter’s tape. Saves my mat!

1 Like

Thanks for the tip.

Your welcome! It took me a year to figure it out haha!