Digital painting tools and software

Hi!

Is anyone else a keen digital painter?
Before I set up my graphic design business, I used to create illustrations for homeware and greetings card companies.
I like to play around with different software and digital brushes and I wondered if anyone else had any great recommendations?

I myself, use a Windows surface laptop with stylus and Adobe Photoshop. I don’t currently have an iPad but I’d love to try one out to see the differences and benefits to using that, rather than my laptop.

Here are a couple of my paintings. I’d love to see yours too!

21 Likes

These are absolutely gorgeous @Stephanie_J! So in awe of your talent! :star_struck:

1 Like

Thank you @Kalie :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Absolutely incredible work Steph!!! :clap: I hope to learn to paint at some point – digitally and with paint :smiley:

1 Like

Love these. Very talented :grin:

1 Like

Ohhhhh wow! I love these so very much! <3 My husband paints using his Ipad Pro and Procreate. He really loves it. If I can get a turn on it, I can also do some artwork on there. I often doodle on the Procreate Pocket App on my iPhone. It’s great when I’m in bed.

1 Like

Absolutely amazing @Stephanie_J :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thank you everyone :kissing_heart: You’re very kind!

@amy I painted with watercolour and acrylics for years before I tried digital painting. After that I never went back. It’s so smooth to paint on screen and I love being able to enlarge the canvas to get in all those little extra details you struggle to do with actual paint. Using layers and having the ability to delete makes it so much more stress free too! :laughing:

2 Likes

@Stephanie_J – I am finding that I love just about everything more on my iPad. Lettering is a breeze on the iPad as well. I love the fact that I can easily undo any mistakes, that I couldn’t do with regular paints.

However, I feel like I’m missing out on so much if I don’t actually get an understanding for how the paints actually work in real life :smiley:

3 Likes

@Stephanie_J I used to paint in Photoshop

Painted using Photoshop and Wacom Intuos 5 M tablet.

Now I do mostly vectors because those sell better then paintings.
I still use photoshop for sketching and photography, and recently I got samsung tab s6 tablet that also come with a pen and Is really good for sketching, probably for painting too just I use it more for sketching :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That’s such a cute painting! Thank you for sharing :smile:

2 Likes

@pixaroma That is amazing! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Those are beautiful !!!

1 Like

Thank you @Olivia_M and welcome to the community! :smile:

1 Like

Oh my word, I’m in love with that little mouse! Such a beautiful painting. Very inspiring! You’re so talented!

2 Likes

These are so cool! I cannot draw lmao

1 Like

WOW! This is amazing. I am currently trying to get into digital creativity. I currently do more wood working, diys and paper crafts. Any tips for someone just starting?

2 Likes

Great work! Love these!

1 Like

Thank you @Stephanie_H

These are so awesome!! I didn’t realize this could be done. Thanks for sharing!!:blush:

1 Like