Design Space for iPad Pro

I’m having issues with the Design Space app crashing on a 12.9” iPad Pro. It occurs when I have a lot of slices on a shape. It is often preceded by a big slow down in the app. It sometimes crashes during a save to the cloud or iPad. Seems to be a bug or ?

1 Like

Hi @Darren_L. Welcome to the community! :smile:

I don’t have an iPad myself, but hopefully someone will have an answer for you.

2 Likes

Last night I read this question in my head, then turned to my husband and I was going to see if he knew the answer… then I realized that it’s my husband who asked the question here :rofl:

Welcome to the forum my love :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

I don’t have an ipad, but it could be a lack of space thing. You need approximately 15% of a hard drive free in order for things to run as they should. If it’s getting too full, it could be causing the problem.

1 Like

Yes, I agree that’s typically the issue. In our case, it’s not. He just looked and he’s only using 5% of the iPad’s storage. He has a 500GB iPad Pro.

The app runs slow and crashes when I’m working with a shape that has many slices (24) and I’m adding another 12. I get things lined up, ready to go and around the fourth or fifth slice, the app crashes. I’ve tried to delete the slices, leave them alone, group them elsewhere on the canvas, still crashes the app.

Have you tried deleting the app and re-installing it to see if this corrects the issue? I know it works for me at times when apps are crashing on me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks Kalie, I’ll give that a try.

2 Likes